Client Portal Instructions
Why use RST portal?
Web portal is a document storage site on the internet for files to be stored and retrieved by you.
- You can share large files
- Tight security – secure link via our website, encryption of files while uploading and downloading
- You can administrate your own passwords to change it or if you forget it
- Can access multiple portals from one user login – for example if you have two corporations
- An email notification is sent to a contact you designate when a file is uploaded by us
- An email notification is sent to our firm when you upload a file
- Everyone who has access to that portal can access files that are not in Private Folders
- No cost to you
- You can upload/download files in your private folder
How do I sign up and access the Client Portal?
To obtain access to our Client Portal, please contact our office and provide us with an email address that you would like to use as your login. This will be the email address where you will receive notifications when we upload documents for you. Once we have set up your portal access, you will receive your login information. The email subject line will read “Portal Credentials” and will contain your username and an initial password.
Once logged in, you may change the password if you so choose. To change the password, click on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the screen and change. Please note RST will not be able to recover your password if you lose it. You can use the “Forgot Password” function to reset your password.
Understanding the portal from my side
Login to the portal using username (registered email) and password. Portal users must turn off their pop-up blockers. If not, files will not download. On the landing page after you’ve logged-in, you will see 2 tabs – Folders and Lists.
If the folder symbol is dark, it means there are files in a folder. If the folder symbol is white, it means the folder is empty
Under the Folders tab, you will see 2 main folders: Public folder and Client’s Name folder.
Public folder and all its sub folders (Download folder and File to Transfer folder) can be accessed by any user associated with this client. This is where most documents are placed.
Download folder: Generally, RST will upload final documents to Download folder in one of its sub folders – Advisory, Tax or Year End. Documents stored in these folders will remain on the Client Portal for three years.
File to Transfer folder: is used to either send documents to RST (Client to Firm) or receive documents from RST (Firm to Client). Documents stored in these folders will only be available on the Client Portal for 30 days.
Client’s Name folder and all its sub folders can be seen only by the specific user and RST. No other users associated with you can access this folder.
If you have any troubles using the Client Portal, please contact our office.
How do I upload a file?
To upload a file, login to our portal, choose the folder that you wish to upload the file to by clicking on the folder and subfolders until you are in the desired folder.
- Click the black arrow pointing up. If the arrow is muted (meaning non-existent), you do not have the right to upload to that specific directory.
- Click “Select file” and navigate to the file on your computer or simply drag and drop to the “Drop file here” location.
- Add as many files as you would like to upload to this location.
- Once you have uploaded the document(s), RST will receive an email notifying us that a document has been placed in the Client Portal
How do I download a file?
When RST places a document in the Client Portal, you will receive an email indicating that a document has been added to the Client Portal for your use
- To download a file, login to our portal then choose the folder that you wish to download the document from
- Click on the document, and then click on the black arrow that points down
- Save the file to your computer
- You can rename the file when you save it
Terms of Agreement
Ritchie Shortt & Tully LLP, Chartered Accountants, Client Portal Agreement
This Client Portal Agreement is made by and between Ritchie Shortt & Tully LLP, Chartered Accountants (RST) and you (the “Client”). Access by the Client of the Client Portal confirms acceptance of this agreement.
- Purpose. RST owns and provides a Client Portal to permit easy and secure electronic transfer of documents between our Clients and RST and to allow the Client to access certain documents created or maintained by RST. The Client Portal web-based applications are exclusively provided to RST’s clients and intended for their sole use. However, we may approve registration and access to the portal for individuals who are not clients of RST at our discretion with Client consent.
- Use. By accessing the Client Portal, the Client consents to the following terms and conditions and acknowledges that RST is relying on your consent in allowing you to use RST’s Client Portal. Your continued use of RST’s Client Portal after the posting of any amended terms and conditions shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. RST may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict use of any portion of RST’s Client Portal, including the availability of any portion of the content at any time, without notice or liability. The Client Portal will be used for communications with you. As a registered user of the portal, you may access, view, use, and download documents and files relevant to the service provided to you at any given time. You will receive a notification email when we add a document or file to the Client Portal.Registered users are also permitted to upload documents and files onto the Client Portal for review, download and use by RST. We will receive an email notification when you add a document or file to the Client Portal.
- Service Availability. There is a risk that the Client may not be able to access their information using the Client Portal at any given time. The Client Portal is reliant on computer and telecommunications systems and disruptions to those systems may result in the Client Portal being unavailable from time to time. RST will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, internet access difficulties and malfunctions in equipment or software.
- Security. A username and password are required for access to the Client Portal and any documents maintained on the Client Portal. All files are maintained behind firewalls to protect against outside intruders. The client acknowledges that, despite these efforts to make Client Portal secure from unauthorized access, no system for electronic data transfer is completely secure.
- Login Accounts and Their Security. RST will set up individual login accounts for any person employed by the Client who requires access to the Client Portal. RST strongly recommends that the Client does not share the login information with others.The Client must keep the username and password details confidential and secure against unauthorized use at all times. RST will not be held responsible for access to the Client’s confidential personal and financial information by an unauthorized third party to whom the Client has given their username and password details. The Client is responsible for any expense, loss, damages, costs, demands or liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use (including improper or unauthorized use) of the Client’s username and password.If the Client suspects that their username and password have been lost, stolen or misused, please notify RST immediately.
- Termination of Login Account. The Client agrees to notify RST via email immediately when an individual login account is to be terminated. RST will make every effort to confirm and terminate access as soon as possible. However, the Client cannot be assured that access has been terminated until the Client receives and e-mail from RST with confirmation of the termination.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. The Client must only access the Client Portal for legitimate and lawful purposes and in accordance with instructions posted on our website from time to time. You agree not to upload any documents, images or files that might be considered offensive or discriminatory.
- Disclosure. RST reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole , or in part, at RST’s sole discretion.
- Client’s Responsibility. The Client must indemnify and hold harmless RST from and against any claims, liabilities, or damages arising out of the Client’s use of the Client Portal or Client’s breach of this agreement.
- Warranties. RST makes no warranty, express of implied, regarding the Client Portal’s security or efficiency, the content and services are provided on an “as is” basis and RST specifically disclaims any express or implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of fitness for a particular use, warranties of merchant ability or warranties against infringement. RST and its partners and employees shall not be liable for any damages or losses, including, with limitation, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages, resulting from or caused by client’s use of the Client Portal. Any breach of security of the Client Portal or any services provided herein. RST does not warrant that the Client Portal’s functions will be uninterrupted or error-free. That any defects will be corrected, or that RST’s Client Portal or the server that makes it available is free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Term and Termination. This agreement and the services contemplated by it may be terminated by RST with or without cause and with or without notice at any time. RST may at any time terminate in whole or in part RST Client’s Portal without notice or liability.
- Miscellaneous. This is the entire agreement between RST and the Client regarding its subject matter. This agreement does not modify or affect any existing or future agreement between RST and the client. RST, may, in its discretion, add to or delete the Terms and Conditions from time to time without any prior notice. Unless otherwise specified by RST all alterations, additions, and deletions shall take effect automatically and be binding on and from the day they are posted on the Client Portal.