Client Portal Instructions
How do I sign up and access the Client Portal?
To obtain access to our Client Portal, please contact our office and provide the email address that you would like to use as your Login. Please note that this is the email address that will receive notifications when documents are added to your Client Portal. Over the telephone or by email, we will also give you a password that will enable you to open a secure PDF document that will be emailed to you on set up. Please note this password.
The secure PDF document that we email you will confirm your Login and will provide you with an initial password for the portal. Login to the Client Portal using the Login and password. Once you have logged into the Client Portal, you may change the password, if you choose.
You can select “Change Password” from the top of the page once you have successfully logged in. Please note that RST will not be able to recover your password if you lose it. Please use the “Forget Your Password?” function on the login screen.
Under the Client Name, you will see a series of folders. The folder with the Client Name can be seen only by the specific user and RST, not by any other users associated with the Client. The Public folders can be accessed by any user associated with this client and are where most documents will be placed.
Generally, RST will upload final documents to the Download folder in one of the Advisory, Tax, or Year End subfolders. Documents stored in these folders will remain on the Client Portal for three years.
The File Transfer folder is used to either send documents to RST (Client to Firm) or receive documents from RST (Firm to Client). Documents stored in these folders will only be available on the Client Portal for 30 days.
If you have any troubles using the Client Portal, please contact our office.
Terms of Agreement
Ritchie Shortt & Tully LLP, Chartered Accountants, Client Portal Agreement
This Client Portal Agreement is made by and between Ritchie Shortt & Tully LLP, Chartered Accountants (RST) and you (the “Client”). Access by the Client of the Client Portal confirms acceptance of this agreement.
- Purpose. RST owns and provides a Client Portal to permit easy and secure electronic transfer of documents between our Clients and RST and to allow the Client to access certain documents created or maintained by RST. The Client Portal web-based applications are exclusively provided to RST’s clients and intended for their sole use. However, we may approve registration and access to the portal for individuals who are not clients of RST at our discretion with Client consent.
- Use. By accessing the Client Portal, the Client consents to the following terms and conditions and acknowledges that RST is relying on your consent in allowing you to use RST’s Client Portal. Your continued use of RST’s Client Portal after the posting of any amended terms and conditions shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. RST may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict use of any portion of RST’s Client Portal, including the availability of any portion of the content at any time, without notice or liability. The Client Portal will be used for communications with you. As a registered user of the portal, you may access, view, use, and download documents and files relevant to the service provided to you at any given time. You will receive a notification email when we add a document or file to the Client Portal.Registered users are also permitted to upload documents and files onto the Client Portal for review, download and use by RST. We will receive an email notification when you add a document or file to the Client Portal.
- Service Availability. There is a risk that the Client may not be able to access their information using the Client Portal at any given time. The Client Portal is reliant on computer and telecommunications systems and disruptions to those systems may result in the Client Portal being unavailable from time to time. RST will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, internet access difficulties and malfunctions in equipment or software.
- Security. A username and password are required for access to the Client Portal and any documents maintained on the Client Portal. All files are maintained behind firewalls to protect against outside intruders. The client acknowledges that, despite these efforts to make Client Portal secure from unauthorized access, no system for electronic data transfer is completely secure.
- Login Accounts and Their Security. RST will set up individual login accounts for any person employed by the Client who requires access to the Client Portal. RST strongly recommends that the Client does not share the login information with others.The Client must keep the username and password details confidential and secure against unauthorized use at all times. RST will not be held responsible for access to the Client’s confidential personal and financial information by an unauthorized third party to whom the Client has given their username and password details. The Client is responsible for any expense, loss, damages, costs, demands or liabilities arising out of or in connection with the use (including improper or unauthorized use) of the Client’s username and password.If the Client suspects that their username and password have been lost, stolen or misused, please notify RST immediately.
- Termination of Login Account. The Client agrees to notify RST via email immediately when an individual login account is to be terminated. RST will make every effort to confirm and terminate access as soon as possible. However, the Client cannot be assured that access has been terminated until the Client receives and e-mail from RST with confirmation of the termination.
- No Unlawful or Prohibited Use. The Client must only access the Client Portal for legitimate and lawful purposes and in accordance with instructions posted on our website from time to time. You agree not to upload any documents, images or files that might be considered offensive or discriminatory.
- Disclosure. RST reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole , or in part, at RST’s sole discretion.
- Client’s Responsibility. The Client must indemnify and hold harmless RST from and against any claims, liabilities, or damages arising out of the Client’s use of the Client Portal or Client’s breach of this agreement.
- Warranties. RST makes no warranty, express of implied, regarding the Client Portal’s security or efficiency, the content and services are provided on an “as is” basis and RST specifically disclaims any express or implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of fitness for a particular use, warranties of merchant ability or warranties against infringement. RST and its partners and employees shall not be liable for any damages or losses, including, with limitation, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages, resulting from or caused by client’s use of the Client Portal. Any breach of security of the Client Portal or any services provided herein. RST does not warrant that the Client Portal’s functions will be uninterrupted or error-free. That any defects will be corrected, or that RST’s Client Portal or the server that makes it available is free from viruses or other harmful components.
- Term and Termination. This agreement and the services contemplated by it may be terminated by RST with or without cause and with or without notice at any time. RST may at any time terminate in whole or in part RST Client’s Portal without notice or liability.
- Miscellaneous. This is the entire agreement between RST and the Client regarding its subject matter. This agreement does not modify or affect any existing or future agreement between RST and the client. RST, may, in its discretion, add to or delete the Terms and Conditions from time to time without any prior notice. Unless otherwise specified by RST all alterations, additions, and deletions shall take effect automatically and be binding on and from the day they are posted on the Client Portal.
How do I upload a file?
To upload a file, choose the folder that you wish to upload the file to by clicking on the folder and subfolders until you are in the desired folder.
- Click the blue arrow that is pointing up. If the blue arrow is muted in colour you do not have the right to upload to that specific directory.
- Click “Add” and then user the windows browser to locate the file that you wish to upload.
- Add as many files as you would like to upload then click “Upload”. The status should change to “Completed” and click “Close”.
- Once you have uploaded the document(s), RST will receive an email notifying us that a document has been placed in the Client Portal.
How do I download a file?
To download a file, choose the folder that you wish to download the document from, click on the document, and the click on the blue arrow that points down.
Use windows explorer to choose where you would like to save the file on your computer. You can rename the file when you save it.
When RST places a document in the Client Portal, you will receive an email indicating that a document has been added to the Client Portal for your use.