We are always looking for talented people!
Ritchie Shortt & Tully LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants, is a four Partner public accounting firm whose primary objective is to provide a wide range of accounting, auditing, income tax planning and compliance services to small and medium sized enterprises. Our diverse client base ranges from professional partnerships and owner-operated small businesses to aviation services, car dealerships, manufacturers, and non-profit organizations
Manager- Current Opportunity
Are you tired of your long commute and looking for something closer to home? Are you looking for the next step in your accounting career, with the opportunity for career advancement and partnership potential? We are a dynamic firm with multiple growth opportunities; you will be challenged, mentored and supported as you grow as a professional. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships with our clients and providing outstanding client service.
WHO ARE WE?
Located in Whitby, we have been serving Durham Region and GTA for over 30 years. Our diverse client base ranges from professional partnerships and owner-operated small businesses to distributors, software developers, real estate companies, car dealerships, manufacturers and not-for-profit organizations.
We provide comprehensive advice throughout all stages of the business cycle from start-up to succession and estate planning.
- CPA, CA
- 2-3(+) years of relevant post-designation experience in a public accounting firm with exposure to tax, audit, review and compilation engagements
- Experience in preparation of T1’s, T2’s and T3’s
- Strong technical ASPE accounting and tax skills
- Computer proficient; working knowledge and experience in a variety of software applications including CaseWare Working Papers, Taxprep and tax research software
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to organize, prepare and clearly present information to our clients and team
- Effectively and independently manage audit, review and compilation engagements, and deliver complete product to the partner or client on a timely basis
- Review of personal, trust and corporate tax returns and other tax reporting forms
- Tax planning and tax research
- Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance indicators, business trends, and the emerging technical and industry developments
- Responsible for identifying and resolving complex and routine accounting, audit and tax issues
- Support the development of junior staff accountants via mentoring, coaching, performance appraisals and on-the-job training
- Communicate with all (junior staff, managers, partners and clients) on progress and delivery timelines; prepare engagement budgets and monitor efficiencies
- Identify opportunities for increasing business and adding value with new and existing clients
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a place where you can put your critical thinking, creative ideas and business skills into high gear. You will be working alongside other professional, hardworking and dedicated individuals, who value providing exceptional client services.
Aside from a positive and enjoyable work environment, we offer group health benefits, a competitive salary, an employee recognition program, performance-based compensation, and partnership opportunities.
Enjoy working close to home in a dynamic community. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com .