COVID-19 Update: March 17, 2020
With coronavirus (COVID-19) top of mind, we feel it prudent to communicate with you our action plan to help minimize the spread of this virus within our community. Out of an abundance of caution, to promote a healthy work environment and do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19, we have already taken and are in the process of adopting the following precautionary actions:
- We are restricting face-to-face client meetings and are strongly encouraging phone meetings in lieu.
- We are encouraging our team members to practice “social distancing” inside and outside our office and avoid large group gatherings.
- We have increased the frequency and depth of cleaning of the high-touch areas in our offices.
- Hand sanitizers have been made available to all staff and accessible in multiple points throughout our reception and shared areas.
Closing the office to visitors
As we believe action needs to be taken proactively, we are restricting access to our office to only Ritchie Shortt & Tully LLP team members until further notice. We are requesting that any documents that you are required to send to us are to be sent to us by one of the following methods:
- Electronically using our secure portal system,
- Via direct courier mail, or
- Physically drop off your information using our private drop mail box located on the back side of our office (accessed via parking lot).
This plan of action is designed to cause as little disruption as possible to our clients, while keeping our clients, employees and their families safe. To date, we have not received direction from Canada Revenue Agency regarding any extensions to the current April 30th tax deadline. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and release updates as appropriate. If you have any questions about these policies or their potential impact, please do not hesitate to contact us!